Anchor Fabrication began as a concept in December 1989 with the purchase of a 25,000 sq. ft. facility. Operations commenced in January 1990 with three customers and a joint sales and production department. The same employees selling work were producing jobs on our equipment, which included two 12 ft. shears, a punch, track torch, roll, and two 12 ft. press brakes.
Anchor added a 20 ft. shear and a 22 ft. press brake in 1991, further expanding capabilities. The equipment upgrades set Anchor apart as a leader in long and heavy metal fabrication, a reputation maintained today by using only the very best material and equipment to provide you, the customer, with economy, source and quality. The construction of a 12,000 sq. ft. facility for the new laser operations was completed in 1994, not only sharpening Anchor's manufacturing process, but also broadening the customer base and heightening awareness to customer needs.
As the demand for large formed parts continued to increase throughout the 90's, Anchor expanded a third time by adding a 25,000 sq. ft. building dedicated to sawing and forming aluminum, stainless, and mild steel. In 1998, Anchor added a 28,000 sq. ft. contour cutting facility, which now houses two Trumpf lasers and two Koike plasma units. These machines have significantly reduced process times. Consequently, order turnaround times are faster.
In 2003, Anchor decided to separate into two business components: The Industrial Division was completed in 2004 and the Precision Division completion date was November, 2005. This new facility houses seven Trumpf lasers, two Trumpf press brakes, and a Pacific 1200 ton, 52 ft. press brake.
Anchor has come a long way since inception - expanding five different times and adding over 20 different pieces of equipment. Each expansion attempts to direct the project flow in a linear process for minimal handling and quicker completion time.